An outstanding introduction to Concert Artist quality.
Featuring the brand new Grand Feel Compact wooden-key keyboard action, beautiful SK-EX and EX concert grand piano sounds, and modern Bluetooth® connectivity, the piano-focussed CA48 offers many of the strengths of the premium Concert Artist models within a more compact and affordable package.
The CA48 is available in three attractive cabinet finishes: Premium Rosewood, Premium Satin Black, and Premium Satin White, allowing musicians to coordinate their piano with a range of modern interiors.
Grand Feel Compact wooden-key action with Ivory Touch key surfaces and ‘Let-Off’ mechanism
The CA48 digital piano utilises Kawai’s latest Grand Feel Compact keyboard action, which draws upon 90 years of acoustic piano craftsmanship to provide an exceptionally realistic playing experience. All 88 black and white keys are crafted entirely from long pieces of wood, with finely textured Ivory Touch key surfaces applied to assist playing control. As with an acoustic grand piano action, the keys rest on a metal balance pin and move with a smooth seesaw-like motion, while the extended pivot length ensures a consistent, evenly-balanced touch weight – even when playing towards the back of the key. The Grand Feel Compact action also incorporates grade-weighted hammers, bass region counterweights, and let-off simulation for added authenticity, while its accurate triple-sensor key detection system allows rapidly repeated notes such as trills to be performed smoothly, without unnatural breaks in sound.
Shigeru Kawai SK-EX and Kawai EX instruments reproduced with Harmonic Imaging sound technology
The CA48 digital piano captures the magnificent tone of Kawai’s flagship Shigeru Kawai SK-EX full concert grand piano. Widely regarded as the ‘premier pianos of Japan’, Shigeru Kawai instruments grace the stages of concert halls and musical institutions throughout the world, and are prized for their exceptional tonal clarity. In addition, the CA48 also features the distinctive sound of Kawai’s highly acclaimed EX concert grand piano, which has frequently been selected by professional pianists in such prestigious events as the Chopin, Tchaikovsky, and Rubinstein international piano competitions, among others. Both instruments have been carefully recorded, meticulously analysed, and faithfully reproduced with full 88-key sampling using Harmonic Imaging™ sound technology. This unique process accurately recreates the broad dynamic range of the original grand pianos, affording pianists an extraordinary level of expressiveness ranging from the softest pianissimo to the strongest, boldest fortissimo.
The Vocal Assist function with its speech output makes it easy to find the desired function. In addition Sound Preview let’s you find any sound easily.
The convenient lesson feature allows aspiring pianists to learn the piano using a built-in collection of etudes from Czerny and Burgmüller, or songs from the popular Alfred course books. The left and right hand parts for each piece can be practiced separately, while adjusting the tempo allows more difficult passages to be perfected. Furthermore, the Dual playing mode also allows two different sounds, such as grand piano and strings, to be layered together, while the Four Hands mode divides the keyboard into two independent 44-key sections. This feature is particularly useful in learning environments, allowing teacher and student (or student and student) to play together at the same time using a single instrument.
The new CA 48 features song recording capabilities that both enhances one’s playing enjoyment and assists with piano study. The CA48’s useful recorder allows up to three songs to be stored in internal memory and played back at the touch of a button, serving as a convenient self-assessment tool for players of all skill levels.
Improved Headphone Experience
The CA48’s Spatial Headphone Sound (SHS) technology enhances the depth and realism of the instrument’s various sounds when using headphones or earphones, while also helping to reduce auditory fatigue when listening for extended periods of time.
> In addition to the USB-to-host port and the MIDI ports, the new CA48 also boast integrated Bluetooth MIDI technology, allowing the digital piano to communicate with supported smart devices wirelessly.
Adjustable Music Rest
As with a grand piano, the viewing angle of the CA48’s music rest can be adjusted to suit the performer’s playing position, or laid flat for convenience when notating scores.
Grand Feel Pedal System
The Grand Feel Pedal System accurately replicates the position and individual weighting of the damper, soft, and sostenuto pedals of a Shigeru Kawai SK-EX concert grand piano to further enhance playing authenticity.
- Grand Feel Compact
- Key Material
- Key Surface
- Ivory Touch
- Letoff Simulation
- Velocity Curves
- Light, Normal, Heavy, Off
- Key Lid
- Yes, sliding type
- Sound Source
- Sound Source
- Progressive Harmonic Imaging™, 88 Key Sampling
- 19, Grand Pianos: Shigeru Kawai EX, Kawai EX
- max. 192 notes
- Virtual Technician
- Smart Mode: 10 Presets, Advanced Mode (via Virtual Technician app): Voicing, Damper Resonance, Damper Noise, String Resonance, Key-off Effect, Fall-back Noise, Hammer Delay, Topboard, Decay Time, Minimum Touch, Stretch Tuning, Temperament Key, User Key Volume, Half-Pedal Adjust, Soft Pedal Depth
- Keyboard Modes
- Dual, 4Hands (Volume/Balance adjustable)
- Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Live Hall, Concert Hall, Cathedral
- Yes, preset
- 7 Beats, Tempo and Volume adjustable
- 3 Songs, max. 10.000 notes
- Lesson Function
- Burgmüller 25 (25 Etudes Faciles, Opus 100); Czerny 30 (Etudes de Mécanisme, Opus 849); Beyer (Vorschule im Klavierspiel, Opus 101); Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1A; Alfred’s Basic Piano Library Lesson Book Level 1B
- Concert Magic Songs
- Demo Songs
- Bluetooth (Ver. 4.0; GATT compatible), Bluetooth Low Energy MIDI Specification compliant
- USB Functions
- Other Features
- Tuning, Transpose, Brilliance, SHS Mode, Phones Type, Sound Preview, Vocal Assist, Startup Settings, Auto Power Off , Transmit Program Change Number, MIDI Channel, Local Control, Multi Timbral Mode
- Sound System
- Sound System
- 13 cm x 2 Bass speaker, 5 cm x 2 Treble speaker
- 2 x 20W
- Power Consumption
- Grand Feel System with Damper (Half-Pedal), Sostenuto and Soft
- Music Rack
- Yes, adjustable
- MIDI (IN/OUT), USB (to Host), Headphones x 2 (1/4", 1/8")
- Height in cm
- Width in cm
- Depth in cm
- Weight in kg
- Premium Rosewood, Premium Satin Black, Premium Satin White