CVP509 - Incredible New Piano Voice
The Piano voice has been resampled since the last new range of Yamaha Clavinova pianos. Yamaha went to their top acoustic piano - the Yamaha Full Concert Grand Piano CF-IIIS - for their main piano sounds.
The CF-IIIS is an award winning piano used in many international competitions including the Frederic Chopin International Piano competition. The concept was to be devoted to the original sound, to achieve a responsive and solid voice that gave the ultimate reward in piano playing. Yamaha produces many great concert grand pianos every year, and the most suitable of these was used for the creation of the Pure CF sample. The acoustic piano picked was then primed for recording to the highest standard by the most experienced and trusted Yamaha piano tuners who serve concert pianists and performers all over the world.
Then came the recording. Provide the best sound engineers with the best piano and they can deliver outstanding results. Microphones were set and moved millimetres at a time to record the most authentic sound possible on the CVP509. Using long samples rather than simply looping shorter samples as on the older technology, added to accuracy and produced the true piano voice. Further improvements were then made by testing and modifying on the instructions of great performers, pianists and instructors - all to create the Yamaha Pure CF piano sample.
The Yamaha CVP509 has 5 levels of sampling. The Yamaha CVP509 is the first new model to benefit from these incredibly rich piano tones. Coupled with the powerful new Tri-Amplification, it truly is a remarkably lifelike Grand Piano sound.
CVP509 - Piano Touch
The feel of a piano is so important to the enjoyment of playing. In the old days, the best pianos used to use Ivory keytops because of its unique tactile qualities. The CVP509 benefits from experience gained on the very best concert grands. Firstly, the actual key is constructed from solid wood to reduce vibration and distortion giving a firm play feel, very close to that of a real concert grand piano. The Keytop surface is made from a new compound developed by Yamaha which feels and looks just like real Ivory. Moisture is absorbed by the key for stable playing, stopping the fingers slipping on the keyboard. it is stain resistent and easy to wash off.
Vastly Improved Sound
The Yamaha CVP509 benefits from the use of the hugely popular Tyros 3 Arranger Keyboard and Motif XS Workstation sounds, offering 811 state-of-the-art sounds using Super Articulation 2 technology for incredible realism, plus the renowned mega voices for the rhythms. Organ Flutes have been revamped with an even greater selection of Vintage organ sounds than on any model previously.
Sound quality is critical, and the Yamaha CVP509 takes the players sonic experience to all new heights. One of the key contributors to this is the brand new Super Articulation 2 voices. Super Articulation was first introduced on the Tyros 2 Arranger Keyboard and CVP409 Clavinova Digital Piano, adding many detailed musical nuances to the orchestral sounds. This has been taken to new heights with Super Articulation 2. Each SA2 sound features a vast selection of supporting samples to the main voice sample. Depending on how you play the piano automatically selects one of these 'supporting' samples to add incredible level of realism. Any of the SA2 voices can glissando, bend and articulate, just like the real instrument. However each voice responds differently, again like any individual instrument would.
Yamaha have added an excellent array of Drum Kits to the CVP509, using a technology shared with the world famous Yamaha DTX series electronic drum kits, with additional dance orientated drum kits have been taken from the Yamaha MM6 Workstation.
For the first time in a CVP range piano Yamaha have used Tri-Amplification, which houses a separate amplifier for bass, mid, and treble speakers. The result is phenomenal; huge amounts of volume, yet retaining a crystal clear sound. Even the subtlest tones can be heard quite clearly, adding so much to the playing experience.
On previous models before the CVP509, there was a single stereo amplifier powering the 3 pairs of speakers using a crossover system. Now the sound is directed digitally before it gets to the amplifier, providing the designers so much more flexibility on how the CVP509 should sound. Instead of a 2x60 configuration, 35 watts goes to the woofers 20 watts to mid-range and 20 watts to the tweeters, sound engineers have known for years what an improvement in clarity this achieves.
What happens when Yamaha's technicians take the finest piano sounds and orchestral sounds and styles and design a single instrument around them?
The new Yamaha CVP509 is born. The beautifully crafted Natural Wood key action (white keys only) allows for precision control over phrasing and articulation, whilst the new extra-large TFT colour display gives easy access to the extended range of voices and styles available - including the stunning new Super Articulation 2 voices which perform with unprecedented accuracy.
The new 'Tri-Amp' digital amplification system provides superlative sound quality, whilst the new slimline deluxe console cabinet enhances the feeling of luxury. Ultimate sensitivity, ultimate control, ultimate sound and performance - set off by a choice of classic Rosewood or lustrous polished Ebony or Mahogany finishes - it could only be the flagship CVP Clavinova.
The Yamaha CVP509 Clavinova Digital Piano Features:
- 88-key, full-size, touch-sensitive keys - full-size keys allow piano-style performance. Touch sensitivity gives added expression. 88 keys represent the full 7 octave range of a grand piano
- NW (Natural Wood) keyboard - replicates the subtle changes in feel and weight of each key found on an acoustic piano. NW action with Synthetic Ivory keytops improves playing comfort and response, whilst providing the subtly different touch of wooden white keys
- 128 + 128-note polyphony - allows even the most complex orchestral arrangements to be fully reproduced
- iAFC - advanced DSP technology - rear speakers and a cabinet microphone system combine to reproduce both the nuances of an acoustic piano and the reverberation and resonance of a stage performance
- 1317 AWM voices (GM and XG compatible) inc. Super Articulation2, Super Articulation, Natural, Live, Sweet, Cool, MegaVoice and Organ Flutes - digitally recorded instruments, using Yamaha's AWM technology for superior sound. Super Articulation2 voices add the subtle nuances of live wind instrument playing techniques whilst Super Articulation voices respond exactly like the original instrument for ultimate sound realism. Natural, Live, Sweet and Cool voices are extra high quality samples. Pure CF Sampling with 5-level Dynamic Stereo Samples gives improved piano realism. MegaVoice adds extra authenticity to accompaniment styles
- Reverb, chorus and 9-block DSP effects - adds a studio-quality dimension to any performance
- Orchestration - place an instrument in each of the Left, Right 1 and Right 2 voice sections of the keyboard
- 442 preset accompaniment styles, with 4 variations - adds exciting instrumental backings to accompany any melody, with 3 intros, fills, drum break, 3 endings and 4 variations for verse and chorus. SFF GE format gives greater authenticity to guitar part voicing
- 4 One Touch Settings for each style, with OTS Link - manually select a suitable right-hand voice for every variation of the style, or let the Clavinova do it automatically with OTS Link. Convenient OTS Viewer lets you see all OTS settings in one screen.
- Music Finder Plus - choose from a huge list of built-in titles, and the entire keyboard sets itself up with the appropriate style,tempo, and a choice of four registrations. Add new songs to the list via Internet Direct Connection and link Music Finder records to MIDI files in the instrument's memory or MIDI and audio files on USB stick
- Auto Harmony - adds chordal harmony based on a single note
- 7.8" TFT colour display - allows high quality graphic display of keyboard features, score and lyrics
- Video Output with RGB output and Text Viewer - allows connection to a home TV, monitor or projector. RGB output gives extra-high quality graphic performance. Text Viewer allows simple input of custom texts
- Flexible Registration Memory - 8 buttons allow storage of a virtually unlimited number of registrations. Registration Viewer lets you see registration settings in a convenient on-screen display
- Song Book - 120 pre-recorded songs for listening and practice pleasure
- Score display with Guide Mode - the display will show a score from any Song Book performance or standard MIDI file. The Guide Mode clearly displays which note is to be played next, and waits for it to be played
- Performance Assistant - advanced facility to make a beginner sound like a professional
- Song/Style Creator - record performances with the 16-track sequencer, edit existing styles or create new ones
- WAV to USB Record - allows easy recording of real audio performance and playback of WAV and MP3 files
- Mic input with Vocal Harmony - transform and record your voice with a range of digital effects
- Internet Direct Connection with LAN port - allows connection to Yamaha's special website and download of new styles, songs and Music Finder data. New IDC wizard assists with setup
- Multiple storage options - USB storage allows total data storage flexibility. Two USB To Device ports allow simultaneous connection of multiple storage devices
- USB MIDI connection - MIDI connectivity is possible via USB or MIDI connectors
- Folding key cover - protects the keyboard from accidental knocks, dust or spills
- Music rest with clips - the conventional way to support your manuscripts
- Deluxe console cabinet - adds elegance to any decor
- 2 x headphones jacks and headphone hanger - for private practice. The hanger provides convenient storage
- 3 foot pedals (traditional piano style) - for soft, sostenuto and sustain. Sustain pedal allows half-pedal effect
- (35w + 20w + 20w) x 2 + 20w x 2 digital tri-amplification
- Available in Dark Rosewood, Polished Ebony and Polished Mahogany
- Supplied with matching stool